Are you looking for a way how to start a money making blog? If so, you’re in luck! Here are all the takeaways from the most successful money bloggers that will work in 2023.
We will also introduce the different types of software tools and services for starting a blog that you can efficiently utilize to create content.
This blog post reveals 14 step-by-step Cheat Sheets from the Money Bloggers in 2023 for a beginner or even intermediator to successfully set up your blog online and make it profitable.
Here’s a rough summary of what we’ll cover: Feel free to use the “Table of Contents” to jump from where you are reading to where you want to read.
To start a successful money blog, follow the most effective 14 step-by-step steps strategies:
- Step 1: Brainstorm Blog Niche
- Step 2: Choose The Types of Hosting Providers
- Step 3: Set Up Your Domain Name
- Step 4: Choose a Hosting Service
- Step 5: Set Up Your Self-Hosted WordPress Blog
- Step 6: Choose The Right WordPress Theme
- Step 7: Install The Essential WordPress Plugins
- Step 8: Set Up The Basic Pages
- Step 9: Write The First Draft
- Step 10: Optimize The First Draft with AI Writing Software
- Step 11: Configure SEO
- Step 12: Publish Blog Post
- Step 13: Promote Blog Post
- Step 14: Update Blog Post
Step 1: Brainstorm Blog Niche
First, take orientation on what types of the Most Profitable Blog Niche Ideas are by checking out the successful case of blogs in each industry.
When it comes to how to start a money-making blog, figuring out your blog’s niche based on your passion is essential. However, it is not enough to create profits.
If you select a niche that has too much competition, your blog will have difficulty gaining traction against established websites.
In contrast, if you choose a less significant niche without any potential customers, your blog will have fewer chances to be searched by people.
Strike a balance by finding a niche that is both in demand and easy to monetize. Yes, it’s not easy, but it’s possible!
To ensure your chosen topic for the entire blog is profitable, conduct some small market research.
Here’s how to get started.
Ensure Your Niche is Profitable
If you want your blog to generate revenue, verify that your niche is profitable enough to warrant consistent monetization. This will help ensure a good income when you start a blog.
You can test this by seeing if any companies are advertising for keywords associated with your brand.
Google AdWords allows people to advertise their products through specific keywords, and if you see a lot of ads targeting keywords related to your niche, then you’ve picked the profitable niche.
Start with a Core Keyword of Your Blog Niche Topic
For example, if you are knowledgeable and passionate about Software.
Start the search with Google Trends. Let’s type “AI Software” to check out you can determine how popular a topic is by gauging people’s interest in it and how many searches are conducted for that topic.
Especially in the stage of starting a blog, this is a crucial step because the graph will reveal to you whether people’s interest in your topic has been stable, rising, or declining. Choose topics that are popular and have the potential to ensure your blog’s longevity.
Going back to the keyword, “AI Software” is an excellent topic for blogging, as you can see.
Over the last 3-5 years, there has been a resurgence of interest in this topic.
In other words, you’ll have such a large audience that you can generate traffic to your blog for years.
Consider the Search Volume of the Niche
Try to see what sort of competition you have for your topic. Type your topic into the Google Search Bar and take note of how many results appear on the SERP (Search Engine Result Page).
Let’s take an example keyword, “AI Software,” there are already too many websites trying to rank for that term. Instead, we need to focus on narrower topics within the AI software domain so that we can compete more effectively. Choosing a smaller niche allows you to avoid having to compete with already-established authority websites.
If you type “AI Software for “ into a search engine, you’ll notice some other related search terms. Choose a search term and enter it into an analytical tool to discover how many people use this precise phrase to find information online every month.
Visit Google Adsense to analyze the search term. And press “Go to Keyword Planner.” Google Keyword Planner.
The keyword “best ai copywriting software” is perfect for a blog niche since it’s low competition. It only receives an average of 100 to 1,000 searches per month. Not to mention, if you expand your keyword research, you’ll find even more low-competition keywords related to this topic.
This allows you to target several profitable keywords with your blog post ideas. And then, with the core keyword, you can make a list of pillar posts that will a starting content to build site architecture.
This method is called silo structure. It will allow you to have domain authority without many backlinks.
Step 2: Choose Hosting Ownership Types
You’re probably wondering why hosting ownership is so important as one way how to start a money-making blog. Thinking of your blog as a business or asset must be easier. If you have full ownership, you will have full control of it.
There are many different types of hosting service platforms, but for blogging newbies, we will talk about two types of hosting ownership.
Hosted and Self-Hosted
In other words: Hosted = Limited Ownership VS. Self-Hosted = Full Ownership
A hosted website is a temporary solution, like renting an apartment.
A hosted website runs with a website builder like Wix, Squarespace, or WordPress.com. An e-commerce platform such as Shopify can also set up a free blog together.
- These platforms offer an all-inclusive website solution known as Software as a Service (SAAS).
- They provide both the hosting (the servers that house all your content files) and the software solution you need to build your website.
- With hosted blogging platforms, you don’t need to worry about the technical side of setting up a blog, so you can focus on creating content.
Although this is a significant advantage for new beginner bloggers who don’t have a technology background, it also has some disadvantages.
- The selection of templates/designs for your blog is smaller than average, and there are limited customization options.
- The domain may not be represented your blog or business Examples: assignedusername.company.com instead of your domain like yourdomain.com.
- The monetization will be limited: no flexibility to set up customized ad spaces: This is why many bloggers soon switch to the more powerful and popular self-hosted WordPress.org platform.
- The ownership of your blog is not yours: limited ownership.
- The SEO(Search Engine Optimization) will be challenged due to insufficient flexibility to modify a critical factor. It will critically influence the possibility of a higher ranking list on a search engine like Google.
A self-hosted site is just like owning your own home – you’re in complete control and can do whatever you want with it.
- Self-hosted blogging platforms allow you to install the blogging software on your domain and operate your blog, which would appear as yourdomain.com.
- Complete control over the functionality of your blog and unlimited customization options for the design.
- The monetization will be totally controllable: huge flexibility to set up customized ad spaces.
- The ownership of your blog is not yours: Full ownership.
- The SEO(Search Engine Optimization) will be totally controllable by you to modify a critical factor. It will positively influence the possibility of a higher ranking list on a search engine like Google.
- Set up hosting (the servers that house all your content files) and the software solution (Plugins).
- Need to research to get knowledge about the technical side of setting up a blog to create content.
Most blogs are self-hosted with WordPress!
WordPress is the most popular CMS(content management system). Here, please be aware that WordPress.org (Self-Hosted) is different from WordPress.com (Hosted)
WordPress.org is a self-hosted blogging platform that is open-source software. This means you can download it, modify it to your liking, and use it for free.
The software is gratis, but you must open an account with a website host in order to have your content files located on their servers and purchase a domain name (the address or URL for your website) from a domain registrar.
At this juncture, you should take inventory of the candidate blogging platforms and pick the blog management software that will serve your needs best between “hosted” and “self-hosted.”
If you’re looking to start a blog, you have multiple site options available to choose from. See below for usage statistics on the distribution of different types of blogging technologies in America.
As you can see from the diagram, the WordPress blog is the most popular technology, with 43% of the market share in the U.S.
As you can see from the above chart, For the past eight years, WordPress has gradually increased its market share by 1-4%.
Based on the multiple stats and comparative analysis mentioned above, we recommend setting up your own blog with WordPress if you are serious about how to start a money making blog. WordPress is the best blogging platform. It is actually free to download it.
To get started with a WordPress blog, you need to install it on a domain through a web hosting company and put the domain on it. This is called a self-hosted WordPress blog.
Step 3: Set Up Your Domain Name
The domain name you choose will be how you’re known online, regardless of your niche or interests. It’ll be your blog’s one-of-a-kind address on the Internet. And it is also your blog name.
Here are a few tips for setting up your domain name:
- In order to come up with a blog name idea to choose a profitable blog name, your blog niche topic is the most important aspect since it will give you the core keywords of your blog: blog topic.
- Make sure it’s relevant to your topic. Your blog name should reflect the content of your website. For example, if you’re running a food blog, calling it “The Best Recipes Ever” won’t make much sense – people will expect recipes, not random cooking tips.
- Use the keywords wisely. When choosing a domain name or URL for your blog, use keywords that are related to your topic but aren’t so common that they’ll be difficult to rank highly for in search engines. For example, “www.[YourDomainName].com” would be better than “www.[YourTopic]Central.com.”
- Keep it short and simple. The ideal blog name should be easy to remember and shouldn’t require too much explanation. If people have to Google the name of your blog in order to find out what it is, you’re doing it wrong!
While you are making a list of blog name candidates with the core keywords, check out blog name availability with the below tools.
KnowEm and NameChk are great for a free domain name search to see if the candidate blog’s name is available as a domain.
KnowEM offers users the ability to check domain name availability and register domains in one place. This convenient option makes it easy for businesses and individuals to get online quickly and easily.
Additionally, KnowEM offers a wide variety of domain extensions, so you can find the perfect domain for your business or project. And if you’re not sure which domain extension is right for you, the team at KnowEM is happy to help.
Domain name checking is an important part of the blogosphere. Whether you’re starting a new blog or looking to purchase an existing domain, it’s important to make sure that the domain is available and meets your needs.
One great tool for checking domain name availability is NameChk. This tool allows you to search for domains across all top-level domains (TLDs), including .com, .net, .org, .coffee, and many others.
If the domain name has already been taken by other bloggers, you can try to use a “Blog Name Generator” that can assist you in generating special, great-sounding blog names.
Blog Name Generator
Wix blog name generator is easy to use and helps you to come up with creative and unique names for your blog. It is also very customizable. You can choose the type of name you want, the length of the name, and even the domain extension. This makes it easy to find the perfect name for your blog. Additionally, the Wix blog name generator is free to use. You don’t need to pay anything to use it, and you can generate as many names as you want.
Once you’ve decided which domain name to use for your WordPress hosting, you can enter it as your blog’s primary address when you sign up for the hosting service.
Step 4: Choose a Hosting Service
Let’s look at this question first as we talk about choosing the best hosting provider when you start blogging.
In step 2, we talk about hosting “Ownership.” In this section, step 4, we will talk about hosting “Service”
Types of Hosting Services
There are various web hosting platforms, but we introduce shared hosting, VPS hosting, and cloud hosting for new bloggers.
While some experts may classify it into more categories, we’ll break it down into three categories for hosting services: shared, VPS, and cloud hosting.
- The most popular and affordable type of hosting service.
- Allows your website to share server space with other websites on a single server.
- The cheapest option, so it’s great for small businesses and bloggers just starting out.
- The main downside of shared hosting is that you don’t have control over the performance and functionality of your site.
- More control over your website is possible with a virtual private server (VPS).
- Physical servers are partitioned into multiple virtual servers, each with its own operating system and bandwidth.
- This type of hosting is perfect for large businesses or bloggers who need more storage and bandwidth.
- The downside of VPS is that it can be expensive, and the setup process can be complicated if you are not familiar with server administration.
- A modern type of hosting service. This option provides redundancy and scalability by using multiple servers connected through a network.
- Cloud hosting is perfect for businesses or bloggers who need fast site loading times and unlimited storage space.
- The main downside of cloud hosting is that it can be expensive, depending on the provider you choose.
Important Factors Choosing a Hosting Provider
In terms of how to start a money-making, the uptime score is the first and most important factor when you purchase a web hosting service.
Unreliable servers and poor network connectivity often cause sites to go offline.
Some blogs fail due to poor web host selection.
Uptime score also directly impacts “page speed,” which is one of the most important aspects of SEO that affects your blog’s ranking on search engines like Google, Being, and Yahoo.
In other words, the speed of your WordPress website today plays a major role in the success of your blog.
You can check your blog’s page loading speed using tools like Page Speed Insight, GT Matrix, Speed Vital, and Pingdom Website Speed Tester.
Shared hosting has the advantage of being relatively easy to deploy.
The Best Shared Web Hosting Companies are the following:
- Bluehost : most popular hosting providers
- Dreamhost : best for non-profit organizations
- Godaddy: most international infrastructure
- Hostinger : most affordable web host
- Siteground : great customer service
- HostGator: a variety of different plans
On the other hand, people using cloud hosting have improved page loading speed due to the caching mechanism integrated into the hosting service.
The best Cloud Web Hosting Companies are the followings:
- Rocket.net: Best cloud hosting for Page Speed Optimization
- InMotion: Best cloud hosting for local small businesses
- Cloudways: Best flexible and customizable plans
- Nexcess: Best developer friendly
- A2Hosting: Best best VPS cloud hosting
Many bloggers are new to “Page Speed” gaming, and they fall behind when they realize just how important load times are to SEO. Unfortunately, many give up before that point because of insufficient information: Page Speed is one of the most crucial factors for higher-ranking SEO on Google.
Dynamic sites require cloud hosting to function properly, but static sites can be handled with shared hosting.
Step 5: Set Up Your Self-Hosted WordPress Blog
Once you decide on a WordPress blogging platform that would be suitable, next install WordPress.
WordPress is a quick and easy installation that only takes a few clicks when you sign up for your hosting service.
If you signed up with Bluehost or any other hosting services for WordPress, as we mentioned above, then WordPress will be automatically installed for you.
Change User Profile On Your First Time Log-In
After installing WordPress for the first time, the first thing you will need to configure for your new WordPress site is your username and password.
Since your WordPress account was opened by the hosting service, you should change the password that was automatically created and confirm your user ID and the updated password.
And then, you should sign in again with your User ID and password for the security of your new blog.
Step by step guide is the following.
You can check them out “Users” on the dashboard.
First thing you need to do is login to your WordPress website.
You can do this by entering your WordPress login URL (for example, https://example.com/login/) in your browser.
Once you are logged in, go to Users » Your Profile from your WordPress menu.
To access the New Password option, scroll down to the Account Management section of the WordPress profile.
Simply select “Generate Password” to add a new password.
WordPress will generate a secure password for you automatically.
Securing by setting up a strong password with the “Set New Password” button.
Continue using this secure password, or replace it with a different one you make up yourself.
To save your new password, click “Update Profile” after that.
A Profile Updated notification will appear at the top once you’re finished. Additionally, WordPress will notify you via email when your password has changed.
The WordPress dashboard is the control center for your website.
From here, you can manage all aspects of your website, including adding new content, changing your settings, and monitoring your traffic.
The dashboard is divided into several sections, or tabs, which allow you to access different areas of your website.
The most important sections for bloggers are Posts, Pages, Appearance, Plugins, and Settings.
WordPress Main Features
Posts: All your blog pages are listed in this directory, not in the “Pages” directory. The ” Posts” directory allows you to create and manage your new WordPress blog posts. Here you can add new blog posts, edit existing posts, and publish or schedule them for publication. You can also add categories and tags to help organize your specific blog posts. Technically, the latest blog posts are listed first.
Pages: This section allows you to create and manage pages on your website. Pages are different from posts in that they are not listed in reverse chronological order on the home page. Instead, they are listed under a Pages menu item.
Comments: The Comments menu is where you can view and moderate comments if you allow people to leave them on your blog posts.
Appearance: This section allows you to change the appearance of your website by editing the themes and plugins.
Plugins: This section allows you to add plugins to your website to extend its functionality.
Settings: The Settings menu allows you to modify your site’s preferences. You can control how the front page of your website looks, time formatting, comment moderation, default category for blog posts, and more.
Step 6: Choose The Right WordPress Theme
Choosing the right WordPress theme is also very important to start a blog.
The design of your blog is contingent on the theme you select. A self-hosted WordPress website gives you the power to design your entire website however you want.
WordPress offers a theme library with both free and premium themes to choose from.
If you want a special look for your website that will align with your brand, try using premium themes from the sources below.
- Themeforest – With over 11,000 WordPress themes from professional designers, you’re sure to find the perfect one for your website.
- Elegantthemes – The Home of Divi, the most used WordPress framework.
- Studiopress – Creators of the Genesis framework for WordPress have dozens of themes and theme developers who can help you customize further.
- TemplateMonster – This marketplace offers a wide range of WordPress themes, with more than 2,600 to choose from.
You can also try the page builders (theme builder) below that will help you to create a customized design.
- Beaver Builder
- WP Page Builder
- Oxygen Page Builder
- Visual Composer
To make successful money blogging, you need to attract visitors to your site through a healthy SEO ranking.
Without a doubt, for a money blog to be successful, it must rank in search engines. This ranking can be closely related to the revenue you can generate from your blog.
Many beginners give up on their first cool theme and struggle to find a better WordPress theme for SEO.
The reason is that most theme selections were made with only visual considerations in mind.
I, too, used to use the page builder for a long time for custom designs.
Sorry to mention page speed again here, but WordPress themes have a lot to do with page spreads too.
As mentioned earlier, slow page loading will hurt your SEO.
According to Google, in July 2018, page loading speed became a direct ranking factor for mobile searches. In June 2021, it will become a ranking factor for all pages when Google rolls out its Core Web Vitals update.
Think of famous and successful bloggers. Among them are professionals who have been engineered to create visually appealing blog designs or have been graphic, web, and user interface designers.
They put more weight on the basic functions a blog should have, such as conveying information.
Some of them explained how they realized from many experiences why they do NOT pay attention to their blog’s appearance that much.
They value simplicity and minimalism, not just for aesthetics because these design choices better communicate with users and provide the information they need. And above all else, many SEO experts emphasize that page loading speed is important. This is because page loading speed is one of the most important factors that determine your SEO ranking.
If you are serious about building SEO friendly blog, I recommend you consider Gutenberg block themes or page builders based on it.
Of course, for a more beautiful blog design, you can use premium themes and add any design you like with our page builder.
However, keep it as simple as possible.
Step 7: Install The Essential WordPress Plugins
After designing your website to have a look and feel you want with a feature-based theme, double-check whether the theme provider recommends a plugin.
The recommendations will give you an idea of compatibility with the theme you’ve already chosen for your blog.
The compatibility check is the most basic step when choosing a plugin, avoiding technical issues like the broken layout on your blog posts.
Plugins are what make your blog heavy. Blogging with too many plugins is not a good idea.
Too many plugins can slow down your website because:
- Excessive storage space. This can be caused by too many database queries and additional HTTP requests, which occur each time a visitor’s browser wants to load a web page.
- Different coding styles among plugins often cause compatibility issues.
Fewer plugins are better speed and performance. The necessities are like the following:
- SEO plugins like RankMath, SemRush, Moz Pro, and Ahrefs will allow you to configure the SEO settings for all your pages, posts, categories, tags, and archive pages.
- Spam control plugin like Akismet prevents spam comments while still allowing legitimate ones.
- Form plugins like WP Forms will be able to create top-quality contact forms, quote request forms, and other website forms in order to collect leads that turn into sales.
- Caching plugins like WP Rocket to improve page load speed to help meet Google’s Core Web Vitals for page performance and mobile rankings.
Step 8: Set Up The Basic Pages
In order to connect with individuals who will be most interested in your blog, you should create a few static pages for your website as a personal blog.
- The “About Us” page should introduce your readers to the team behind the blog. If your blog is lucky enough to have multiple authors, take the time to introduce them on your about us page. This is also a great opportunity to give shout-outs to any editors who help make your blog amazing.
- A contact page, “Contact Us” allows website visitors to reach out to you with any questions they may have about your content, products, or services.
Step 9: Write The First Draft
In terms of how to start a money-making blog, finding the right keywords is the first step in getting people to read your posts.
Regarding keyword research, this Step 9 is a unique keyword research process for each blog post, which should be differentiated from the niche keyword analysis conducted in Step 1. The keyword analysis done in Step 1 was to determine which of your entire site would talk about a specific topic in a special field – Niche.
Each blog post starts with a large keyword derived from a niche keyword, and these keywords can be written according to the intentions of search engine users.
Keywords are largely divided into informational or commercial search terms depending on the user or consumer intention. So, in the first step of blog posting, you will need to decide which of these two purposes you want to write content for.
By identifying search intent and specifying the purpose of your content, you can optimize your blog content for specific keywords and increase your chances of ranking on search engine results pages (SERPs) for related queries.
You can refine your keywords using free keyword research tools such as Google Keyword Planner or Answer The Public or more robust paid options like RankMath, SEMrush, Moz Pro, or Ahrefs.
Blog titles are concise but mighty.
Your headline is often the determining factor in whether or not people will read your article. Use catchy titles to engage your audience, and include headers to make your content easy to scan.
Utilize smartly the keywords that you acquired from the research mentioned above paragraph.
In addition, make a comparison of how other blogs used the keywords for their post title. This analyzing process will give you a unique idea for creating your blog post title to drag many visitors magnetically.
Don’t forget to tag your blog title H1.
Write Evergreen Content with Images
To produce quality blog content that keeps your readers discovering more, always try hard to come up with new blog post ideas based on relevant topics.
Commonly referred to as “Evergreen Content,” this type of content is relevant and beneficial for long-term needs.
For example, “How to lose weight” or “How to write a will” always generate traffic in the digital space.
It can be contrasted with content on trending topics or seasonal articles, such as “Best Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes” or “Best Christmas Gifts for Boys.”
To make your post more engaging, add an image to help break up the text and explain the point.
Breaking up the text by inserting images is the very best basic, these methods extend readability and effectively display the information you are trying to convey.
Step 10: Optimize the First Draft with AI Content Generators
After you finish your first blog draft, take advantage of AI (Artificial Intelligence) Content Generator Tools to optimize your first draft.
There are two main types of artificial intelligence (AI) authoring software tools: AI Content Assistants and Generators
AI Content Assistants
AI content assistants are software tools that help you create better content by providing feedback and suggestions to improve grammar, spelling, and readability content. For example, Grammarly, ProWritingAid, and Hemingway are popular writing assistant that analyzes your text for clarity, concision, and grammar mistakes.
AI Content Generators
AI content generators are software tools that actually create your content for you based on the writing sources that you offered. This can be a great option if you’re short on time or struggle with writing. However, it’s important to note that the quality of generated content will vary depending on the tool you use. For example, Jasper, Scale Nut, and Hypotenuse.ai are equipped with highly trained AI and can generate content by human writers’ specific commands.
Not only can editing be helpful for the quality of your writing blog posts, but using keyword optimization tools like Content Editor 2.0 by Surfer or Optimize by MarketMuse can also help improve your content. Using these tools, writers can select the perfect mix of target and related keywords for their content.
Learn more about Best AI Content Generator: 10 Chat GPT Alternatives 2023
Step 11: Configure SEO
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is one of the most important aspects of how to start a money making blog. Without it, your blog may never be found by your target audience. It is because of the process of optimizing a website to rank higher in search engine results pages for specific keywords or queries. By configuring your website’s SEO settings, you can improve your chances of ranking in SERPs (Search Engine Result Pages)for relevant queries.
There are a number of free and paid tools that can help you optimize your website for better search engine visibility. You can use free or paid plugins such as SEMrush, Ahref, Moz Pro, Rank Math, and Ahrefs to help you optimize your website for specific keywords. If you installed the SEO plugins, you would need to configure your blog SEO.
Blog SEO includes two types of SEO: On-Page SEO and Technical SEO.
When it comes to how to start a money making blog, on-page SEO is the practice of optimizing individual web pages so that they rank higher and attract more visitors from search engines.
There are a number of techniques you can use to improve your on-page SEO, including:
- Optimizing your page titles and meta descriptions
- Using keyword-rich titles, headings, and slug URL(permalinks)
- Including images and videos
- Improving your website’s usability and user experience
- Publishing high-quality content regularly
- Managing links to other relevant pages on your website
- Optimizing your website for mobile devices
- Monitoring your website’s search engine rankings
Technical SEO tactics are actually the first step in starting a money making blog. It enables to the creation and optimization of websites so that search engines can more easily crawl, index, and render them. Without these basic optimizations, search engines won’t recognize your posts due to the insufficient technical language to communicate their SEO system.
There are a number of techniques you can use to improve your technical SEO, including:
- Optimizing your website for search engines: robot.txt. | site map | crawling | rendering | indexing
- Optimizing your website for boosting speed and load time: page speed | web vital
- Optimizing your website for creating a website: establish URL, DNS setting up
- Optimizing your website for internationalization: Hreflang tags
- Optimizing your website for mobile devices: Configuring your website for a responsive design
- Optimizing your website for users: user-friendly site
- Optimizing your website for backlinks: add your blog posts to aggregator websites like Reddit
- Optimizing your website for authenticity: Canonical URL
Step 12: Publish Blog Post
- Theme Format: you must ensure that your website is optimized for WordPress. This means that your website should be using the WordPress theme and that all of your content should be formatted correctly.
- Page Layout Format: you need to make sure that your blog post is properly formatted. This includes using the correct headline, formatting your text correctly, and adding images and videos.
- SEO Format: you need to make sure that you are using the correct keywords and tags. By using the correct keywords and tags, you can improve your website’s ranking in search engines.
Publishing a blog post on WordPress is a relatively straightforward process. This article outlines the steps required to get your post online.
- On your WordPress dashboard, click the Posts tab in the sidebar.
- The Posts screen displays a list of all published posts and drafts. To post a new post, click the Add New button at the top of the screen.
- On the Add New Post screen, you can enter your post’s title, body, and featured image. You can also add tags and categories to your posts and specify a post date and time. At this stage, the blog design should already be set up.
- When you are finished entering information about your post, you can publish it on your website by clicking the Publish button.
Step 13: Promote Blog Post
When it comes to promoting blog posts, there are a lot of different techniques that you can use. By using a combination of these techniques, you can increase the reach of your blog posts and drive more traffic to your website.
Some of the most common techniques for promoting blog posts include:
- Sharing your blog posts on social media
- Sending out a weekly or monthly newsletter with your latest blog posts
- Adding your blog posts to aggregator websites
- Writing guest posts for other websites
- Adding a link to your latest blog post to your website’s navigation bar
- Including a link to your latest blog post in your email signature
- Including a link to your latest blog post in your bio on social media profiles
- Including a link to your latest blog post in your author bio on other websites
One of the best ways to promote your blog article is to share it on social media. You can use Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, and other social media platforms to share your post with your followers.
You can also promote your blog article by sending it to your email list or submitting it to popular article directories such as EzineArticles.com and HubSpot’s Blogging Awards.
To generate more traffic to your blog post, you can also consider paying for promotion through services like Outbrain and Taboola.
Step 14: Update Blog Post
Updating your blog content is a great way to keep your website fresh and engaging for your visitors. By updating your blog posts regularly, you can keep your website’s content up-to-date and improve your ranking in search engines.
There are several different ways that you can update your blog posts. Some of the most common techniques include:
- Updating your content based on recent information
- Write about new topics , and post them regularly
- Add new images, videos, or podcast
- Switch up your formatting
- Republish old blog posts
- Write guest posts for other websites
- Promote your blog posts on social media
- Send out a weekly or monthly newsletter with your latest blog posts
- Monitoring your keyword rankings
- Adjusting your keywords as needed
PAA (People Also Ask)
What is a Blog?
In 1997, Jorn Barger created the term “weblog” while blogging on Robot Wisdom.
The term “weblog” was shortened to simply “blog” by programmer Peter Merholz in 1999.
Back then, it was the early stage of blogging, a blog is a personal website or journal where someone can share information or their opinion on a variety of topics.
A blog is a type of website. However, it is different from the website in that blog is updated on a regular basis with new content, which is displayed in reverse chronological order. Typically, the recent blog posts are listed first.
Typical websites are static in nature, where content is organized into pages, and those pages are not updated often.
On the other hand, a blog is dynamic, where content is organized into posts and updated more frequently.
A Blog can be a website by itself, or some blogs can be part of a larger website.
Most businesses have a blog section where they post content regularly to inform and educate their customers.
There are also many successful personal bloggers as full-time income sources.
Why Do People Blog? What are the key benefits of blogging?
- To showcase your skills, creativity, and talents.
- To create money blogging using various monetization methods.
- To generate your brand or company’s organic traffic on search engines: to bring more potential customers to their websites without expensive ads.
- To build an online community and connect with people who are interested in the same topic.
- To share your expertise on a given topic and become known as an expert in your industry.